20 TRUTHS ABOUT POSITIVE THINKING THAT YOU DID NOT KNOW
Here is the 6th absolute step of destiny fulfillment.
If you have not read the 5 previous ones then you can link to them here:
1- First absolute step of destiny fulfillment: discover your destiny
2- 2nd absolute step: have a burning desire to fulfill your destiny
3- 3rd absolute step: have a persuasive vision for your destiny
4- 4th absolute step: set goals avoiding 8 dangerous mistakes
5- 5th absolute step: train with 17 truths acknowledged
A story is told of Mr. Gaston, a Christian bank manager whose bank went bankrupt. A while after the tragedy had befallen him, he also fell sick and was carried to the hospital. There he was admitted. One day Simon came to visit a patient in the hospital and suddenly recognized Gaston.
Simon always admired Gaston in his days of glory. After they had chatted a while, they went to a restaurant on Simon’s account. To Simon’s surprise, the bank manager solicited that they should go to a VIP restaurant. Simon who had thought that bankruptcy and sickness would force the former bank manager to lower his standard in life was very in dismay. Eventually after a while Gaston recovered from the sickness. And as God will have it, his bank was also restored. Gaston and Simon who had become friends from the day they visited the restaurant met again. Then, Simon joking confessed to Gaston, “I was surprised when you opted to have launch in a VIP restaurant whereas your bank was bankrupt and more to that, you were sick.” Gaston was now fully healed and the bank fully restored.
He then revealed what was the real motive behind his behavior that day. He said, “even though my bank had gone bankrupt and sickness had come, in my mind I was still a healthy bank manager.” Truly, our thoughts can help us more than doctors if they are positive, and harm us more than weapons if they are negative.
The Bible admonishes us to have faith in whatsoever we do (Heb 11). Faith is positive thinking. Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; conversely, nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. A right mental attitude in this context will mean positive thinking. Nothing can stop a man with positive thinking. Positive thinking is having faith in your success. It is believing that you can fulfill your life’s purpose here on earth. Positivity is believing that tomorrow shall surely be better; it is simply the act of being optimistic in our thoughts.
James Allen affirms British journalist and motivational speaker and author of the famous book, As a Man Thinketh,
“Of all the beautiful truths pertaining to the soul which have been restored and brought to light in this age, none is more gladdening or fruitful of divine promise and confidence than this – that man is the master of thought, the molder of character, and maker and shaper of condition, environment, and destiny.”
The mind in its own place and in itself can make a heaven of hell and a hell of heaven. God strongly encourages positive thinking.
THESE ARE THE FIRST 6 VITAL TRUTHS RELATED TO POSITIVE THINKING.
1. Any act you perform is as a result of a thought.
Positive thinking always automatically makes you behave positively. Why? Because, any act you perform is as a result of a thought. As the plant springs from, and cannot be without the seed, so every act of a man springs from the hidden seeds of thought. A man’s life is what his thoughts make it.
2. What you think you attract
Positive thinking will attract positive happenings in your life. Really, what you think about, you bring about. You ultimately voice whatever fascinates you. When you put a thought out into the world, people, places and things come into your life to fulfill that idea. If you think you can’t do something you won’t. If you think you can do it you will. If you think you are a failure you will surely be a failure. If you think you can succeed you will certainly do. The secret of success is to fill your mind with thoughts of faith, confidence and security. Negative thoughts attract negative experiences. Positive thoughts attract positive experiences. Both poverty and riches are the offspring of thought. We have to begin by being rich in mind before we can become rich in life, successful in mind before we can be successful in life.
3. Every thought you plant will in due time surely produce results
Whatever is planted requires some time before it comes to fruition. Every idea, everything you plant requires a certain action, a certain amount of time before the outcome is realized. You need to sow your positive ideas, allow them to germinate, give them lots of energy and then you will reap the rewards. Any thought sown will ultimately affect destiny. You cannot plant one type of seed and produce a different type of harvest. That is a law.
4. The way you think determines how you handle life’s circumstances
We may not necessary decide what circumstances come to us in life. But we can decide what to do with circumstances that come to us. The way you handle circumstances is an indication of your inner dispositions. “Circumstance does not make the man; it reveals him to himself.” No man wants to be a victim of negative circumstances. But no matter how rotten a situation might be, there is always something positive in it. You cannot directly choose your circumstances, but you can choose your thoughts, and so indirectly, yet surely, shape your circumstances.
5. Your thought has a direct repercussion on your health.
Thoughts of fear have been known to kill a man as speedily as a bullet, and they are continually killing thousands of people just as surely though less rapidly. Strong, pure, and happy thoughts build up the body in vigor and grace. The body is a delicate and plastic instrument, which responds readily to the thoughts by which it is impressed, and habits of thought will produce their own effects, good or bad, upon it. “There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow” explains, Orison Sweet Marden.
6. The way you think determines your choices in life.
Do you know that the way you think of yourself determines the type of partner you choose to get married to? The way you think of yourself determines the type of job you accept in the society, it determines the way you dress, speak, and eat. You can choose your relatives, but you can also choose your thoughts which influence you much more in your choices.
Positive thoughts can be enhanced. Therefore, the next set of truths is:
4 WAYS TO ENHANCE POSITIVE THINKING
By enhancing your thoughts positively you will gradually dominate negative thoughts. Positive thoughts are not ‘taught’ they are “caught”. To unfailingly enhance positive thinking you should,
1- Focus on God and his strength and not on your weaknesses.
Even if you don’t know what the future holds at least you know he who holds the future. Focusing on God will help you see his strength and not your weaknesses. It will help you see his abundant supply and not your limitations. Focusing on God will force you to be positive. When you feel your thoughts going negative, always ask yourself whether you are thinking in God’s light. You must believe what God says about you.
2- Force yourself to speak positively.
If you want to be positive, you must speak the positive and see the positive. Truly your thoughts influence your words, but the words you constantly speak will in the long run influence your thoughts, therefore force your thoughts to be positive by constantly speaking positive words.
3- Always have your life’s purpose in mind.
If you have developed a positive and great purpose for yourself as you were advised in step three, constantly remember that purpose. It is a serious motivator of positive thinking. Conceived of his purpose, a man should mentally mark out a straight pathway to its achievement, looking neither to the right nor to the left.
4- Use the secret code of positive thinking: (Phil 4:8)
Think of whatsoever things are true,
Think of whatsoever things are noble,
Think of whatsoever things are right,
Think of whatsoever things are pure,
Think of whatsoever things are lovely,
Think of whatsoever things are admirable;
Think of whatsoever thinks are excellent.
Think of whatsoever is praiseworthy
The last set of truths about positive thinking is:
THE TEN LAWS OF POSITIVE THINKING
1. Never reject a possibility because you see something wrong with it! There is something wrong with every good idea. Any time God gives you an idea; you can find some negative aspect to it. Instead, isolate the negative from the possibility. Neutralize the negative. Exploit the possibility, and sublimate the negative. Don’t ever let negative thoughts kill the positive potential that is within an opportunity.
2. Never reject a possibility because you won’t get the credit! God can do tremendous things through the person who doesn’t care who gets the credit. Don’t worry about getting the credit. If you do, you’ll become ego-involved in the decision-making moments of life. Decisions must never be based on ego needs. They must be based on human needs and market pressures that transcend your own desires. The important issue is whether the idea is a good one. Would it help people who are hurting?
3. Never reject an idea because it’s impossible! Almost every great idea is impossible when it is first born. The greatest ideas today are yet impossible! Possibility thinkers take great ideas and turn the impossibilities into possibilities. That’s progress! The important issue is whether the idea is a good one.
4. Never reject a possibility because your mind is already made up! I’m sure you’ve heard the saying: “Don’t confuse me with the facts; my mind is already made up!” People who never change their minds are either perfect or stubborn. It is better to change plans while still in port, than to set sail and sink at sea.
5. Never reject an idea because it’s illegal! Listen carefully, or you will misinterpret this commandment. An idea may be Illegal in the sense that it doesn’t fit human canons. But if it fits divine canons don’t reject it. Some of the greatest ideas are unfulfilled because we think they are illegal. You should never violate the law, but don’t reject an idea because it’s illegal.
6. Never reject and idea because you don’t have the money, manpower, muscle, power to achieve it! All it takes to accomplish the impossible is mind power.
7. Never reject an idea because it will create conflict! When we study possibility thinking, we discover that, you can never develop a possibility without creating problems. You can never establish a goal without generating a new set of tensions. You can never make a commitment without producing some conflict. Any idea worth anything is bound to be rejected by people who don’t go along with it.
8. Never reject an idea because it’s not your way of doing things! Learn to accommodate. Prepare to compromise. Plan to adjust; different styles, a new policy, a chance in tradition, are all opportunities to grow. Get set to compromise. Learn to be equilibristic.
9. Never reject an idea because it might fail! Every idea worth anything has failure potential with it. There is risk in everything. One thing we need more than anything today is possibility thinking. Success is never certain, and failure is never final.
10. Never reject an idea because it’s sure to succeed! As surprising as it is, it has been discovered that there are people today who will abandon an idea if they are sure they will succeed. One reason is that these persons begin to imagine the ego fulfillment this success would give, and with an excuse of being humble, they pull out.
In conclusion, all that a man achieves and all that he fails to achieve is the direct result of his own thoughts. Positive thinking won’t let you do anything, but it will let you do everything… better than negative thinking will. Losers are always looking for excuses; successful people set their eyes on results. Develop positive thoughts, up to the extent of seeing the good in every bad situation. I like these words of Karl Loes: “Think lucky, if you fail in a pond check your hip pockets for fish.”
God bless you
Read this post, comment it and share it. If you also have some Biblical tips that help us fulfill our destinies then joint my Facebook group “Biblical tips for destiny fulfillment” on Facebook and share with the members of the community.